Finding the "right" college is all about fit: academically, socially and financially.
And that looks different for every student!
Why hire a college admissions consultant?
The college process can be stressful for families with all the talk of acceptances and financial aid. At Beyond 18, our goal is to eliminate that stress by finding right fit schools: those that match the student academically, financially and socially.
- We examine what the most suitable academic environment is for each individual.
- We look at how the family intends to finance the education.
- We work to match the student with a social environment where he or she thrives not just survives.
- The college admissions consultant is a neutral third party, which can greatly reduce stress.
- Ours is a more personal approach because we do not experience the high case load of a high school counselor.
- As college admissions consultant, Marie travels extensively visiting in excess of 40 schools each year to stay current on trends.
- College admissions and financial aid has unfortunately become more complex. School counselors have many demands on their time and are not always able to stay as current.
As a professional educational consultant Marie works one-on-one with your child, helping to identify colleges and universities that offer the best matches for their unique needs, and keeping the student on track through every phase of the college application process.
NY Times College Admission News
The goal of Beyond 18 is to partner with families in the Portland, Oregon area to maximize choices post high school. The unique individual approach aims to bring out the fullest potential in students, whether it is finding the right-fit college, gap year experience, or vocational program. Careful and thoughtful planning creates a wise investment in your young adult's future.
All stages and ages are welcome. It is never too soon to initiate contact with a college consultant to assist you with post high school plans. And, at the same time, it is rarely too late! Let us customize a program and timeline that is right for you!