Having a productive summer in the years leading up to applying for college can be important. Here’s some of Marie’s favorite ideas to help your teen both be productive and have fun:
- Take an interesting class at community college or online.
- Learn CPR
- Learn sign language
- Pick a cause you care about in your community. Find groups who care about it too. Organize people
- Cook dinner for your family once a week. Each time, learn a new dish. Write the recipes down and make your own family cookbook.
- Organize a book club
- Start a business with friends.
- Visit as many colleges in a 30 mile radius of your home with friends and write reviews
- Learn something that is pure fun
- See how many books you can read this summer
It’s never too soon to start the conversation about college readiness. While most of the college application process will happen in a short amount of time, there are things you can do now to create more choices for college later. To learn more about how Marie can help, schedule a 20 minute discovery call today!